One World Government
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One World Government

One World Government

Do you think we're headed toward some form of one world government? That is, there would no longer be sovereign independent nations, but one over all ruling body or dictator? Let me hear your opinion.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Not really...although you could consider the UN one government trying to control many, but it's at their discretion.

Before a one world government could work.. I think many countries will "unite/allaince" first.. and so on and so on, until its all combined.

A few words of advice preacherman...

Post this up in the "Cosmos Forum" ...you'll get better, longer, and more 'worthy' replies. Although the two above are certainly fine.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Thumbs up

Union of the human race under one ruler
    has been the fervent hope of some,
    and the dreaded fear of others.
    My prediction is that it will never happen.

Daniel 2:44
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

----------------------------------------------------
    Created in 1995 to enforce and expand GATT (the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade), the World Trade Organization is the most powerful legislative and judicial body in the world.

By promoting the "free trade" agenda of multinational corporations above the interests of local communities, working families, and the environment, the WTO has systematically undermined democracy around the world.

In the five years of its existence, WTO panels composed of corporate attorneys have ruled that: the US law protecting sea turtles was a barrier to "free trade"; that US clean air standards and laws protecting dolphins are too; that the European Union law banning hormone-treated beef is illegal. According to the WTO, our democratically elected public officials no longer have the rights to protect the environment and public health.

Unlike United Nations treaties, the International Labor Organization conventions, or multilateral environmental agreements, WTO rules and rulings can be enforced through sanctions. This gives the WTO more power than any other international body and even national governments.

http://www.globalexchange.org/wto/
    --------------------------------------------------------

What a great idea! Lets let giant corporations run our planet.

The WTO has stopped the US from setting land aside for conservation, makes us buy dirty Mexican oil and now says we can’t give tax breaks to our own companies.

yes preacherman481 there is a beast
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I have a hunch that Bill moneybags Gate$ is trying to take over the world. He could have some type of corporate army hiding in the desert as we speak.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I guess [WebCarnage] was right about worthy posts. Cwk9 makes this clear. Btw Cwk9 what OS do you run?

Preacherman,
    What I will say is, we should not lean toward the one world government theory. What I believe is that it is a good idea that will not work in the real world. {IE, prohibition, isolationism, quakerism, etc} It is a very good idea to institute a government of control over the world, but considering the side effects, I do not believe it would work. For one, there could be a serious problem with the checks and balanaces system, without competition among foreign governments there could be no where to go, if you disagree with the current state of affairs. And without foreign trade, there would be no tariffs aswell. If everything ran free with trading that would put almost all american businesses out of business. And imposing a minimum wage into 3rd world contries could aswell destroy the economy. Another would be a world police force. Who would be the leader, where would the control be? Would america be the police? If so, what prevents corruption?

I could keep on going on with this opisition, but I believe that you understand my perspective.

Tedob1, what is it exactly about the WTO that you dislike? Sure, it supports capitalism in general, but then again, so do most individual countries. So, what specific law, treaty, plan or decision that is causing problems?
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.