General Chit Chat

Thread: General Chit Chat

General Chit Chat

To all at AO,
    Just a suggestion being made to JP and all else, I am new here at AO but I have noticed a bunch of non-security related items that have nothing to do with, at all, computers or any form of security at all. Now, I have no problem with anyone expressing their opinions or jokes, or just talking through AO, but seriously, there really is a bunch of crap in AO's general chit chat. Now, my idea is that we split the general chit chat forum into 2 groups. GCC security, and GCC. This way, when there are posts that are non-security related, there will be no flame wars, opposition etc. Also with this idea, we could incorporate it so that the GCC that is non-security related will not be posted on the main page.

This is just an idea though, so if anyone agrees or disagrees, please post it up here so we can discuss it.

I really don't feel that's needed. We already have security forums. The purpose (I think) of the General Chit Chat forum is to give people a place to talk about stuff that doesn't come under the other categories. It's for non-security related items. Dividing the General Chit Chat Forum up like that seems redundant to me. But that's just one opinion.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

True preacherman,
    But, what I was suggesting that the GCC forum is a little to broad maybe. What I was thinking was to just make it a little easier for people to find what they want here at AO. And to keep the site itself a little more organized. But my opinion to, is just one person's.

I think there are more than enough different forums already. I think everyone knows that GCC is for things that arn't nessecarilly security. The point I'm trying to make is, another forum would just be excessive.
    Fight the Power!

If this is a suggestion about the site, then you should have put it in the "Site Suggestions" forum. There's nothing wrong with the forums. There's another forum called "Misc. Security Discussions". It's where you can talk about general security related issues related to everything else. If you noticed the captions under each of the fourms, you'll see that the "General Chit Chat" fourm says: Talk about whatever's on your mind.

Remote_Access_

General Chit Chat forum = crap not fit for other forms
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

Flash M0nkey
    General Chit Chat forum = crap not fit for other forms
    we all gotta have somewhere where we can get our minds of computers for a second

v_Ln

Yeah, at least with the GCC forum, all the crap posts are kept in one place .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.