Thread: Can't search

Can't search

Weel, it's been 45 users and 100 guests before and I could do a search. I'm sure. Now I can't search the threads. Too much server load it says but it has said that for hours and hours. I never got this message before. Anyway, I hope it's not bug....
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

whats up korpdeath? am sure their is a shitload more people on AO since that online user list, does not count hidden members. soo could be more users on then you think dood. Or maybe its a bug....dunno

Antionline Herpetologist
    It's been 12+ hours since I could last search. Something's wrong. I wonder if AO's under a (D)DOS? Or whether it's just a bug
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

I haven't been able to search most of the day today either.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

i tried to seach about an half hour ago and got the same message
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

At first I thought it was just because there were many people at the time... Now it seems to be like that most of the time... I told a person yesterday I thought that it would only last a short time... Looks like it may take longer than expected... I last remember being able to search around 6 PM, March 17 my time (Japan, +9 hours?) or so... I'm beginning to wonder what is really causing this...

-Tim_axe

I hate this.....
    When I want to do a search, I don't want to get some stupid error-message. IMO the search-option should not be tampered with, it's probably the mostly used feature on this site. So if JP want save some database-traffic, he better cut down on some of the silly features, like ..........the AntiPoint-system. hehehhe

Seriously, you kill the usability of a site by disabeling the search-option....
    ---
    proactive

Banned
    Problem fixed, thread closed.