Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finding out the password of a account already logged on

Finding out the password of a account already logged on

Is there any way to find out the password of an account already logged on. A program or something.

um, what are you trying to do there buddy?

I am trying to find out the password of a windows XP account that is already logged in. The password is enccrypted i believe.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    You have to hijack their session, install a reverse lookup keystroke logger, find the area in which the passwords get loaded into memory, force the machine to dump core in that area, grab the core file before it automatically gets deleted (approx 2 seconds in XP I believe), open the core file in vi (yes, you can get vi for XP), find the users name someplace in that file, delete everything before the users name, count 127 characters after the users name (including spaces), delete everything after that character, save the file as a text file, import it into word, create 2 columns (1 with user name, 1 with everything else), save it as a word template file, then import it into access. If done properly, you wil have a plain text version of the password.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

souleman You have to hijack their session, install a reverse lookup keystroke logger, find the area in which the passwords get loaded into memory, force the machine to dump core in that area, grab the core file before it automatically gets deleted (approx 2 seconds in XP I believe), open the core file in vi (yes, you can get vi for XP), find the users name someplace in that file, delete everything before the users name, count 127 characters after the users name (including spaces), delete everything after that character, save the file as a text file, import it into word, create 2 columns (1 with user name, 1 with everything else), save it as a word template file, then import it into access. If done properly, you wil have a plain text version of the password.
    EEH?!
    KEEEWL!
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

well i believe souleman said it all. have fun man.

Soul, precisely! Microsoft office has those devilish formatting problems, where plain text will be pasted in and become horribly misaligned, and where it doesn't let you easily tell it NOT to make that address a blue-and-underlined hyperlink...
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Thumbs up

Isn't there a drop down menu somewhere
    that says "steal user password"?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

If what soulman says works that's just crazy, insane. Souns kewl, tho.

rcgreen
    ""Isn't there a drop down menu somewhere
    that says "steal user password"? ""

I was trying the ol
    Password = mine trick
    but it would not work for some reason so i had to get funky...
    hehe
    (reminds me)
    -goes to post about sniffers and such-