Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001

    Help: Studying IT in England

    I'm currently studying IT at uni and I'm interested in studying in England - student exchange program. I was wondering if some of you English AO people could point me in the direction of English uni's that have good IT departments/courses, preferably in the programming/networking domains. Cheers .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

  2. #2
    AO Antique pwaring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    All these have good IT departments, as I am considering them for next year, I don't know much about exchange programmes, you'd have to check out the websites and email the unis involved for more info:

    UMIST (Manchester, England)
    Manchester University (Manchester, England)
    Reading University (Reading, England)

    Hope this helps.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Hi how you doin. Leeds University isnt a bad one. But you need buckets loaded with cash (too many good pubs) Im at college doing a HND (equiv to the first two years of a Degree (if you get the grades which i am))

    You also need work experiance in an IT field (thats the hard part) i work part time at another college teaching basic IT and doing end user support

    If you want a networking type of job i suggest you get certified ie MCSE, RHCSE (red hat) CISCO, NOVELL.

    These carry a bit more weight then a degree.

    hope this is helpfull



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

We have made updates to our Privacy Policy to reflect the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation.