Windows Me and the Lt Win Modem.

Thread: Windows Me and the Lt Win Modem.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Thumbs down Windows Me and the Lt Win Modem.

It seems as though in Windows Me there exists an incompatibility with Certain LT Win Modem drivers. I think its the 5.7 or lower drivers that acctually cause the problem. Not the hardwar it self. Seeing as how I work with our customers directly, i run into this problem quite often.

The company that is manufacturing these PC's are puting the incorrect drivers and WILL NOT
    admit to the problem. Even if you call Microsuck they will keep you on the line for half an hour, until you rack up those Tech Support charges until they will send you a patch for it. They wont publicly admit to the problem but after paying some good money they will be more than happy to help you out.

Pisses me off seeing as how me, the ISP, gets the fall down for it. I have been updating the drivers for these calls I get. Seems to fix the problem, for the most part.
    Tell me if you guys know WHY this happens.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Thumbs down

Thats why i refuse to use tech support #'s that arent toll free of charge. I feel that tech support is one of the biggest scams in the world today. They make shitty software so you have to call them for a problem they already have the answer for but ask you alot of useless questions to keep you on the line longer and all you hear in the background is light music and gentle steady key strokes and i even hear laughter of the other techys about how much money their makin off ur easy to fix problem..... Maybe im paranoid and think its some big conspiracy but software that have tech support should have FREE tech support.

PS. did you ever notice the first person to die in a jarasic park movie was a black male? another conspiracy of horror movies ;x never be black, never be a hot female, never have sex... ad dont be a peeking tom and u might survive threw a horror movie...

_NetSyN_

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    You must spread your AntiPoints around before giving it to NetSyn again.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Well, I can't tell you exactly WHY it happens but I do know, as most of here probably do, that Win ME was nothing but a pile of crap from day one. For the most part, these incompatibility issues are very common in Win ME, I myself had to wrestle ME on several occasions to try and get some things to work.

That does suck that the manufacturer won't admit to the problem when it's their fault at the root. I hate that your company is getting blame for it, but you know that customers who know no better won't to blame the nearest available person/company for their problems. Since it relates to the Net, well, the ISP is the easiest to blame first.
    - Maverick