Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two suggestions...

Two suggestions...

JP, I have two suggestions.

First, I'd like to suggest that you make one or two more people ops in #antionline on the IRC server (errata and KublaiKhan might be good suggestions). The reason being that quite often there are two or three of us (or more) chatting, and someone will come in saying "FREE KEVIN!" or some other such crap. We had this happen on Sunday, but no ops were around so nobody could boot the guy. We had him in the chan for about 45 minutes before he spammed and AntiChat kicked him.

Secondly, I would like to see the Antionline Addicts forum show up on the front page for those who have access to it. Many times we have to jump into the forums section to tell if there's been any new posts, and if I'm doing that for AO Addicts, why bother even having the listing on the front page? It'd be nice to have the AO Addicts forum show up inside the latest threads list for us users who can see the AO Addicts forum.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Good post ...I agree with the ops idea...
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I also agree with the ops idea... However, I do not know what JP will say with the new guidelines that the current ops have voted on and are enacting on.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

There are new guidelINes, Damn I don't remember voting. I guess I play by my own rules.

Pat
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    More ops? We don't need not stinkin ops. There are already wayyyy to many of em. Since I keep getting banned every 20 minutes, even by ops that are not even at theri computers (damn scripts). And there are way to many opers also. My god, how many people does it take to control one channel that only has a max of 25 people on at one time?

Seriously, though. The problem isn't the number of ops, its the time of the ops. What the channel needs are ops that come on a different times...ie late at nigh/early morning EST. and on the weekends more. There only needs to be 1 or 2 ops on at a time (if they are paying attention HOGFLY), it just needs ops at all times of day.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I for one am not on during the weekends. I cover the days Monday - Friday... And I don't keep an eye on the channel that much, but if someone emails me or IM me on AIM i come in and take care of business.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Thats ok louie, we forgive you. Besides, your an oper, not an op. It isn't your job to take care of all the mindless script kiddies that enter the room. You just have to worry about the ones that actually know how to get past a ban.

BTW, next time your script perma-bans me for saying hack, like when I said "Louie, you need to do something about xxxxx, because he keeps asking me how to hack," I am going to have to pay you a visit irl
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I don't use scripts......scripts are for people too lazy to type stuff.

Whoa gang, hang on a second. I'm talking about Channel Ops, not IRCOps. Louie, Hogfly, etc., are all IRCOps. In fact, the vast majority of the Channel Ops on #antionline are also IRCOps (with the exception of Negative and RogueSpy, If I remember correctly). All I'm saying is that I think we need maybe one or two more channel ops in #antionline. I think that Errata and KublaiKhan would be two excellent choices, and I'm sure there are others.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

I think that we need to focus on people who are on the IRC chat on the weekend. people with no lives that they can devote themself to AO IRC!