Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two suggestions...

Louie you smell...no wait you got a point!

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I agree louie. Thats what I was saying. I would have been able to do it back in the day, but now that no one likes me in there any more....Oh well.

So you just did a perma-ban on me anyway? I am going to have to find that Chat Nazi thread I started way back in the day. Had to get Brad to undo it, and you know how much he charges
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Probaly got screwed in the ass on that one huh Soule.
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Originally posted here by chsh
    Whoa gang, hang on a second. I'm talking about Channel Ops, not IRCOps. Louie, Hogfly, etc., are all IRCOps. In fact, the vast majority of the Channel Ops on #antionline are also IRCOps (with the exception of Negative and RogueSpy, If I remember correctly). All I'm saying is that I think we need maybe one or two more channel ops in #antionline. I think that Errata and KublaiKhan would be two excellent choices, and I'm sure there are others.
    Louie, hogfly, Quad, xy, JP, and (from time to time) MvCrash are opers. The rest, (MsMittens, Negative, RogueSpy, Evil Enchilada, jparker, Brad and anyone else I missed) are channel ops.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

I agree that timing is a large factor in the issue of channel watching... I've seen many times, when I come on in the night, that there aren't any power people around... so if someone comes on and is being a pain in the ass.. there's nothing that can be done about it...

Now, while I have no idea about the guidelines that have been implemented or what they entail, it would be beneficial to have at least someone who is on during the active time for my side of the world *australia that is..*...

coz while there may be power people online at that time, they are very rarely active...

My recommendation... make evil_enchilada or Preacher or anyone who is on there a %... *we all know that evil & preacher very rarely sleep anyway....
    If you want a more organized method of doing it...
    Draw up a little list of people that are viewed as being responsible enough to have power in the chat... check their time zones, possibly review their irc'n habits....
    and then chose who would be the power people... this would help give good coverage of time...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Why not just shut down the server at night?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Haha I dont like that idea... what about the nightbirds?
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

I don't like that idea either....

uraloony posted saying that evil_enchilada is already a full op... I must say, that his post wasn't there when I wrote mine!!! and I thought evil was still getting power from others...
    so discard evil as an option for ops..
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

id be an op... but i havent been here long enough so i dont expect anyone to trust me enough yet
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

NOOOOOO ..... i don't like this idea ....
    your night is my morning .... so why shut down the servers at night !!!!
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?