Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XP help

I just use ZoneAlarm, w/ my Xp part., M$ firewall isn't bad at all(ZA uses it for incoming filtering), it just doesn't block any outgoing packets, so if you do get a little cold or trojo you wouldn't know it by any pop-up. If you go w/ Zone, you might want to spring for the xtra 20 smackers and get the Pro version, you get to screw w/ the settings more. The remote desktop and P-n-P advice is definatley sound, but I always wait a few days before dowloading any kind of windows patch, never know when their gonna say ooops, we ****ed up. . .so sorry, here's the real patch.

www.google.com is what he meant.

For cool tweaking like Boot Screens, Logons, Themes:
    www.themexp.org
    Also:
    www.tweakxp.com

And 12 times? lol I keep mine up for 5 or so days, then restart (I have a ram program which frees it to *help* the lag but not remove it)
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

Conf1rm3d_K1 >Thanks for the help on disabling NetBios , this place it totally excellent for getting help and info , muchos thankies to all ppl who posted
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you\'re a mile away and you have their shoes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the M$ firewall does suck. It is almost the easiest to break through. And yes to the remote connection. I call it the remote co-pilot. With that feature enabled, XP is vulnerable to anything, especially a trojan. It is really stupid of M$ to make that a default. Anyway, good luck with the OS, I would never touch it!
    \"Stay low as to not be detected\"

[pong]My Life and My Dreams, Will Become One[/pong]