Win 98 cancel button ????

Thread: Win 98 cancel button ????

Question Win 98 cancel button ????

Hello, I am wondering if any of you knows how to disable the cancel button for Win 98. I remeber reading this somewhere but i forgot where. I did a google search and a forum search and it turned up nothing. I have a dual boot system, with Win Xp and Win 98. The reason why i keep win 98 is for games, because Win Xp sucks gamewise......
    Thanks everybody
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]

try HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Network\Logon add a dword "MustBeValidated" and set it's value to 1

you can also try

HKEY_USERS\ .Default\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Run \ create a key called fixlogon and give it value (rundll.exe user.exe,EXITWINDOWS)

if you are really concerned about unauthorized users entering your system, i suggest an upgrade man. just disabling the cancel button will not secure your box. yes Xp is buggy and sucks for some games, but let us not forget 2000. the best system as far as security goes from m$. of course that is if you install the patches and all.

thanks v3rizon, but u shud hav told me what happened in the second registry entry. I waz a little scared for a second
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]