Thread: This is Magic Lantern...

Post This is Magic Lantern...

Found this today while browsing around in EPIC ...

Unnamed Keylogger IS Magic Lantern ...

Apparently it's already being deployed(this case was in summer of 2001), and since 9/11, I can only imagine that such invasive technology will be expedited into the electronic infrastructure...
    I know that this topic has been beaten on quite a bit, but I feel the need to stay on top of things, even if they won't affect me directly...
    Any thoughts?...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Banned
    Augh.... Magic Lantern, DSC1000, Carnivore.... I know there are more loggers like this that we dont know about, HAH! Diagnostic tools my ass. After 9-11 privacy means nothing to the government..

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    How can we protect ourselves from this intrusion of privacy? Thats what I want to know.
    I also know that I was the one going off about national security here

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...632#post473632

but , this is against everything I am about. I don't think our Gov. has the right to "Hack" every PC in the world...or America or where-ever it is deployed. Screw them! If I cant take over anyone's computer niether can they. Ok.... America=land of the hypocrits.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Banned
    Dr Toker, that is so true... The gov'nt should not be able to convict on evidence gathered from these 'diagnostic tools'. That is like having police break down your door without a warrant, if its not allowed in life WHY SHOULD IT BE ALLOWED ONLINE!? Augh, it just pisses me off to think that I *might* be watched by some goon at the FBI offices

What bothers me most of all is the invoking of CIPS ...the judge issued an order to the FBI to disclose what the device/software was and how it worked...and what did the FBI say? NO!, while invoking CIPS...checks and balances indeed... Apparently the 4th Amendment is useless when the gov. says, "nope". I only wish that there was more background on the case(presumably a Mafia-related case), but that has more than likely been suppressed also...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

related news

Some people are willing to challenge
    the stampede toward more gov't
    intrusion. Check this article in today's
    Washington Post
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

hmm well one thing i do know.. our only hope are the AV companies.. considering they didnt wanted to conspire with the Magic Lantern Project.. they said if their sofwares manage to detect the Magic Lantern.. its not their concern. So i guess we have the AV companies on our side..