Thread: The Iceman, Early Human History

The Iceman, Early Human History

Just saw this on TV,
    I went to the website and was looking more at this, this is really interesting if you care about early human life. This guy is 5,300 years old, now they think that he might have been murdered. I thought that this was very interesting, what do all of you think? Here is the link to the full story.

That's damn interesting. I can't believe how well preserved this mummy is. It's amazing how they managed to preserve them so well over such a long period of time back than. 5,300 years!!! Damn, that's a long, long time - you'd thing after that amount of time all that would be left is bones.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Well,
    "they" did not really preserve them, he was just kind of a freak, at first they believed that he possibly fell asleep, tripped, or fallen from somewhere. The only reason why he has been so well preserved is because the climate was non-variable and it was extremely dry. These 2 conditions are vital to the length that anything is preserved, naturally or artificially. {One other interesting fact, did you know, anartica is classified as a desert?}

One other interesting fact, did you know, anartica is classified as a desert?
    Well, it's not surprising, I mean when most people thing of desert they thing of a HOT place with heaps of SAND and no water. However, that is not it's real meaning...well, it is (kind of), but it has other meanings. Look below (http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=desert):

desĀ·ert1 (dzrt)
    n.

A barren or desolate area, especially:

A dry, often sandy region of little rainfall, extreme temperatures, and sparse vegetation.
    A region of permanent cold that is largely or entirely devoid of life.
    An apparently lifeless area of water.

An empty or forsaken place; a wasteland: a cultural desert.
    Archaic. A wild, uncultivated, and uninhabited region.
    Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester