do i need to learn c++ ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do i need to learn c++ ?

do i need to learn c++ ?

been looking into the whole discussion of hacking and such.. started to program in VB and Java, wondered since unix is base on C , should i learn C++

any ideas

ta m,ucho

a very confused blokey

Any knowladge is good.
    T e l e n e T J u m p e r

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Well, if you want to really learn unix, then you should learn C. C and C++ are diffferent. C++ is easier, but like you said, unix is based on C.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I'd have to disagree with souleman here. He said that C++ is an easier language. It really depends what he means by "easier". I agree that to write complex programs it probably is (object orientated v's procedural) but to learn C is much much "easier" IMHO.

(But I might feel this way just because I learned C first and I am still much more familiar with it.)

Anyway, you should learn one of them cause they are still the most widely used languages.

P.s. if you are looking for tutorials or compilers or anything visit this site: A programers heaven. .
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

I have to agree with garathjax. C++ with it's whole object oriented approach is far more complex. Anyone that says they master object oriented programming totally is either a lier or haven't read enough on the subject.

If you have a good understanding of oo in Java you're one step closer to C++.
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

C++ is an amazing language.. i reccomend learning as much as you can about it

Red face

Well
    ~~~~

i think(don't comment on me) that it's totally true to learn as many programming languages as you desired~~~ but you need to (very or extremely) get use to one language(specific one that you can handle more then other)

one of my believes is that hacking requires team work~~unless someday every one turn against you~~so it's necessary to find a major language.

by the way~ C++ contains more of the "USER INTERFACE"(not sure the spelling) function then what C contains, which is fairy acceptable, i suggest you to learn alittle bit of C then go right into C++ if it's in Microsoft Windows stuff

but for Unix, there is only " C " language, so make sure your are learning "UNIX C"

i am trying to figure out the asm language right now, i don't even know why i am doing it~~
    \"If you don\'t know it--------DON\"T DO IT ( anti---\"JUST DO IT\" from NIKE )\"

\"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country\" by JFK

Learn all that you can.... about every language you can. It will help out with the languages you use. Personaly attempted to learn C++ first but found it easier to handle when I decided it might be better to learn C first. IMHO learning C is a must and will make C++ easier.
    A squirrel with no nuts will soon starve.

Originally posted here by souleman
    Well, if you want to really learn unix, then you should learn C. C and C++ are diffferent. C++ is easier, but like you said, unix is based on C.

i agree ... c for unix and unix for c ....

and if u r looking for programming .. i do recomend C .. very powerful...
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Yeah, learn C++. No questions about it. and not only because Unix is in c/c++ but its an amazing language (somebody said that before...)

>>IMHO learning C is a must and will make C++ easier.
    not IMHO its not neccessary to learn c first