Thread: New file system from Microsoft

New file system from Microsoft

Microsoft is going to replace in the future Windows the old file system -NTFS (New Technology File System)- by a new one. The new file system will replace the NTFS which was used for first time on Windows NT. It will organise better the powerful cut into pieces files than the present file systems (FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS).
    The first edition of this new file system, maybe, if the Microsoft's team make it on time, it will be with the next Windows XP (Longhorn). The Lonfhorn's beta will send to the beta-testers on 2003.
    According to Steve Ballmer, a guy on Microsoft, the development of the new file system, hasn't started yet. Also, the applications should be adapted in which way, to work its advantages, because of this new versions of Office and Outlook will be realesed.

Do you have a source for your information?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

if its true then its about damn time
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

http://news.com.com/2009-1017-857509.html

We're going to have to redo the Windows shell; we're going to have to redo Office, and Outlook particularly, to take advantage" of the new data store, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said in a recent interview with CNET News.com. "We're working hard on it. It's tough stuff."
    this is particularily scary...when they haven't got the current shell safe and secure...sounds to me like another ten years of weekly patches and fixes...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Sounds like you have job security Zigar.......
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Maybe by redoing it from scratch, they might get it right this time........ok, so I am clinically insane What are the chances they will release enough information for other companies to be able to optimise their code for the new files system before it comes out?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Watch it be a rip off of *nix file system.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    Do you have a source for your information?
    Yeah, a greek site

Originally posted here by souleman
    Maybe by redoing it from scratch, they might get it right this time........ok, so I am clinically insane What are the chances they will release enough information for other companies to be able to optimise their code for the new files system before it comes out?
    Microsoft isn't so fair company, already USA has sent M$ to the courts of justice. So i don't think that M$ will allow other companies to optimise their code, they are going to do everything to have the unique.

if they havn't started developing it yet, they can say it'll turn **** into gold while solving the worlds problems, lets see what it does in reality.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”