Heard of Opt-out? Here is Opt-In!

Thread: Heard of Opt-out? Here is Opt-In!

Heard of Opt-out? Here is Opt-In!

I came across an interesting article today. A senator (Sen. Paul Wellstone, D-Minn.) urged other Senators to cosign a letter to the FCC. In support of a new Opt-In privacy standard. From what I understood, this would, by default, do what Opt-Out does. So you would not have to call the phone company, and say that you Opt-Out. And want your information kept private.
    Under an opt-in standard, phone companies must obtain permission from customers before sharing or selling their CPNI data. Under an opt-out standard - the alternative to an opt-in approach - phone companies would be free to sell CPNI data unless they received a specific request from a customer to desist.
    You can read the article here: http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/175307.html

It is nice to see Senators trying to help privacy. Especially in this post-9.11 era.

This is a really good idea.

what party is he?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

It says in his post he is a Democrat from Minnesota, .

The article says he is a Democrat...I think this is a fantastic idea. I get too many solicitation phone calls to count in a day, but if they cut out the phone companies ability to sell this info, it would cut down on A LOT of them. I don't know how they can really call it legal to sell that info anyway, but I know it is. It would be nice to see this bill pass.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Yeah I hate solicitation calls, Spam is almost as bad, but solicitors seem to interupt you during dinner or some other bad time, just pisses me off.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

IMHO, this is the way it should've been from the beginning.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

While I trully agree this is the correct way and hope it passes...

Me thinks I hear a lot of (phone company) ink drying on political donation checks... :-)