Thread: More messages (Greenies)

Banned

More messages (Greenies)

It would be cool if there were more messages like 'ac1dsp3ctrum has legions of little leprochauns trying to steal that shiny pot of positive antipoints'.... Would it be possible to get a few more so that message doesnt stick on about 900 Greenies?

Hehe, yeah that's a good idea. I would like to see some suggestions from people as well.

Some of my suggestions (**** = username):
    - "**** is in need of a back operation from carrying all those positive antipoints"
    - "**** could make the red desert look like a rain forrest with all those positive antipoints"
    - "**** is on the top of the positive antipoints foodchain"

...I dunno what else...yes, I'm bored.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Have you noticed how no matter how many red antipoints the user has, it's always "**** has got some negative antipoints?". That, if anything, needs to be fixed...

Some of my suggestions (hmm, these are actually quite easy to come up with, but I don't know if they are any good hot_ice's suggestions do were good. ):
    -"**** has built a green antipoint tower 100 meters high"
    -"**** has got to dig a deep hole for their antipoints"
    -"**** is either seasick or totally covered with green antipoints"
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

ive had this idea for a long time now but i never bothered mentioning it cause i didnt think it was that big of a deal. i have a feeling if we keep suggesting stuff to antipoints JP is gonna get mad and just take them away for a month and see if people still bother to post or if this site truley is built around the AP system... Half the users here only post to get points and i know if i was running this site i would get pist off at this.

i think we do need more/new messages for these antipoints just for good laughs... also we need ALOT more for negative points im sick of people havin 4 negative boxs and saying "this user has some negative points" and crap

if a user is able to get 4 negative points and is posting reasonable stuff then he is either a chat nazi or just a complete moron.... i think having these could give some nice laughs

such as 1 red box - Seems to have a problem holding onto greens
    2 red boxs - seems to think 1 bad comment wasnt enough
    3 red boxs - seems to not get the idea of this website
    4 red boxs - seems to be trying to beat oblio's record
    5 red boxs - you are turning into a chat nazi
    6 red boxs - you are a chat nazi
    7 red boxs - you are hitler
    8 red boxs - commit suicide no one likes u

and such..
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

For the red antipoints

'**** isn't getting on well with other people'
    '**** needs some friends'
    '**** please give me some positive points'
    '**** has sunburn or a lot of red antipoints'

Dont know what do you all think
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]

ive had this idea for a long time now but i never bothered mentioning it cause i didnt think it was that big of a deal. i have a feeling if we keep suggesting stuff to antipoints JP is gonna get mad and just take them away for a month and see if people still bother to post or if this site truley is built around the AP system... Half the users here only post to get points and i know if i was running this site i would get pist off at this.
    I don't think this is one of them AntiPoint threads were people make suggestions about how it should be run or how to control people giving away negative points for no reason. This is just a suggestion for fun, if JP has 5 minutes, he can add them in, if he doesn't see the point or hasn't got time for it, doesn't really matter.

I agree with you that those posts about the AntiPoint system where people complain and have major suggestions to alter the ACTUAL system should be put on hold for a while, but surely this is just for some fun, nothing serious. I don't think JP will ban AntiPoints just cos of this little thread.

Greg
    -- William Forrester

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I think once you get 1,000 points you should get a 'Gold' point. That would be cool. And more apprpriate for the "legions of little leprochauns trying to steal that shiny pot of positive antipoints" phrase.

But thats what have been chewing on for a while. I think it would be an improvment.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

I think once you get 1,000 points you should get a 'Gold' point. That would be cool. And more apprpriate for the "legions of little leprochauns trying to steal that shiny pot of positive antipoints" phrase.
    Yay, someone is for the gold point!!! That's what I've been saying.
    (http://www.antionline.com/showthread...940#post474940)

Greg
    -- William Forrester

Like the idea of more messages for greenies. What do y'all think about this idea? Making your status level on the site i.e., Newbie, Jr. Member, Member, and so on, based on more than just posts. Getting to the next level is another temptation for making posts. Maybe it could be based on number of posts, number of greenies, and actual time as a registered account holder. For example:

Jr. Member: 75 posts, 100 antipoints, 3 months on site.
    Member (Whatever number of posts) 150 antipoints, 6 months on site
    Antionline Addict: 275 Posts, 200 antipoints, 9 months on site
    Senior Member: 400 posts (or whatever it is), 400 antipoints, 1 year on site.

That way if someone makes a lot of frivilous posts, it won't help if they don't have the antipoints. What do you think? Has this been suggested before?
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

i like the idea, but i myself dont have any suggestions
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com