Well, I didn't really know where to chuck this, so I guess Tutorial, even though I'm not really going to comment on the code. But, if you have any questions at all, feel free to post and I'll reply.

Basically, about a year ago I did this little text editor in java to make sure I memorise some of the java syntax for the exam. Well, I just opened it up again, played around a bit, reminded myself of some stuff and thought that it would be good to post up so that people who are new to java could have a look at the program and also the code.You can play around with the code, see what changes what and how it all works.

The zip file attached contains the three class files (which are created when you compile the java source file). A batch file, which basically runs the program - keep in mind, you need the JDK or SDK installed to run this (if not, download from http://java.sun.com/products/ ). The java file is the actual source code for the program, you can open in up in any text editor (even mine!!) and view it. You can make changes, save, then compile and do whatever.

Greg