Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My little java text editor

Post My little java text editor

Well, I didn't really know where to chuck this, so I guess Tutorial, even though I'm not really going to comment on the code. But, if you have any questions at all, feel free to post and I'll reply.

Basically, about a year ago I did this little text editor in java to make sure I memorise some of the java syntax for the exam. Well, I just opened it up again, played around a bit, reminded myself of some stuff and thought that it would be good to post up so that people who are new to java could have a look at the program and also the code.You can play around with the code, see what changes what and how it all works.

The zip file attached contains the three class files (which are created when you compile the java source file). A batch file, which basically runs the program - keep in mind, you need the JDK or SDK installed to run this (if not, download from http://java.sun.com/products/ ). The java file is the actual source code for the program, you can open in up in any text editor (even mine!!) and view it. You can make changes, save, then compile and do whatever.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    So wait, we can open the source code in your text editor, make changes, compile, and then open your text editor? Ahhhh, talk about an endless loop

Not much of a tutorial, but still pretty cool. Best way to learn is to look at code.

btw, nice batch file. But I run linux and cant get it to work. The batch file that is. Oh well, I guess I am just out of luck.

{8+}>-|--< <---Goofy little unseen smiley type guy
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

thanks for the post man. i decided to start dipping into java yesterday and downloaded the sdk and netbeans so this is good timing for me.

Banned
    Does any have a C text editor while we're on the case?

Does any have a C text editor while we're on the case?
    Try Dev-C++, you can get it here: http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

Greg
    -- William Forrester

Banned
    hot_ice, this is a nifty little program... Im gonna call it notepad.exe and integrate it into my Win2k

Im gonna call it notepad.exe and integrate it into my Win2k
    HEHE...funny stuff. You might as well just delete notepad, I mean what do you need it for, this one does it all mate!!

In fact, I'm gonna send it to MS and tell em to just integrate it with all their OS's from now on, replacing notepad.

Greg
    -- William Forrester

Banned
    LOL, BillG will market it... Make tons of cash off of it.... And deny that you ever existed

LOL, BillG will market it... Make tons of cash off of it.... And deny that you ever existed
    HAH!! That's a very good point...hmmm...maybe I'll give it to Apple. What you think? They'll make it look so nice and pretty with their wonderful GUI.

Greg
    -- William Forrester

Banned
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=222731
    jroc in that thread u claim to know c and c++ now why would u want someone to write u one if you already know it???
    RiOtEr