a question about C
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a question about C

Unhappy a question about C

I was asking about asm before, since a lot pp said that C is better and useful if i don't want the direct access to hardware~~

for the C compiler~~ do i need to purchase it or there are free downloads on the web????

also~~ for another question~~~

THE "COBOL" ~~ an old old languages

is there any COBOL tutorial on the web, or it's all extinct~~
    if yes, can someone please provide a link for it~~

(thankz) don't be mad at me since i ask so many questions.....
    \"If you don\'t know it--------DON\"T DO IT ( anti---\"JUST DO IT\" from NIKE )\"

\"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country\" by JFK

free:

GCC
    LCC
    Borland

to name a few
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

how about COBOL tutorials
    \"If you don\'t know it--------DON\"T DO IT ( anti---\"JUST DO IT\" from NIKE )\"

\"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country\" by JFK

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    There are free downloads on the web. Once again...search www.google.com.

Yes, there are cobol tutorials out there. Search for those also. Not sure why you would want to know cobol, but it is still around a few places.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Don't worry about asking many questions, it shows that you actually have some willingness to learn, which is a good thing.

As for the C compiler, there is gcc which comes as standard with Linux distros, or for Windows there is Dev-C++ which is an excellent compiler that I use all the time. You could get MSVC++, but it's proprietory software, takes up a lot of space for each project, and costs quite a lot of money, pariculary if you want the enterprise edition.

As for COBOL, Google has some links to good tutorials, so check it out.

Hope this helps.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

mm!! is there a cobol compiler?

Go to A Programmers Heaven for free compilers + anything else programming related that your looking for.
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

theres a quite good C compiler for Msdos, Pacific and its freeware , but the best way is = install a Unix OS and youll have the best c compilers gcc cc 8)
    \" the blues are easy to play , but not to feel \" Jimmi Hendrix

WOW Someone Actually intrested in COBOL mmkay this is my expertise. COBOL compiler go to www.download.com and there is a cobol compiler there called Fujitsu COBOL 3 get that and learn how to use it. It will do normal stuff. The best COBOL compiler I think is using NET EXPREES but it's very hard to find and it's not that expensive.. Those are the only 2 out right now that work for Windows 2000/ XP versions. There is another one in a SAMS Teach Yourself COBOL in 24 hours book that has a COBOL compiler in it, and the book only cost like 20.00. And it works for all versions of Windows.

If you need help with COBOL programs you can just post them here There are some COBOL programmers here at AO but not to many. If you don't want that PM me and I can see what I could do.

thanks