Thread: PC-Anywhere like on linux?

PC-Anywhere like on linux?

There is a program like PC-Anywhere on linux?
    I need to transfer automatically datas between two remote pc with dial-up. What solution can I use?
    Thanks.
    What is essential is invisible
    to the eye ...
    ]ØÐÖ§|-|Å

SSH? FTP?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Well Korp, I cannot use ftp because I have 2 pc with dial-up (== dinamic IP), I'm need to transfer automatically datas. I think to use a system like PC-Anywhere because it use telephone number how reference not IP address.
    to the eye ...
    ]ØÐÖ§|-|Å

What about VNC, I have a friend who runs Linux and he swears bye it and its free.

Well binary0boy, but VNC use remotehost:port to connect. I have dinamic IP on "server" side and on client side. How can I check "server" IP automatically?
    to the eye ...
    ]ØÐÖ§|-|Å

use something like dynip.com or tzo.com to route traffic to your current ip address.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

im sorry, on re-reading your post i think you want to get one machine to call the other over phone lines. i believe you can use mgetty to accept calls and autherize logins then just script a transfer.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”