Thread: Posting Smilies Bug

Posting Smilies Bug

This is a bug and site suggestion

Ive noticed that when i post to the site and accidently put to many of the smilies that my post is said not able to be posted due to this fact. When i hit the back button to fix this my post is completly gone and i havent found a way to get it back... Is there a way u can add a button to go back to the post we made or just take us back to the screen with the text and have a red error message at the topc to let us know...

i posted a good 150 words and i completly lost it due to the fact i had to many smilies in it...

Thanks,

_netsyn_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Gee, I have lost posts simply because my connection is so slow. Not even using smileys
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I have done this. One way I make sure not to lose everything is to highlight your post before you submit it and do a copy. So if there is a problem you will be able to paste it and not have to retype.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Casper is right. Simply Ctrl+C and if anything goes wrong you have a backup copy to just Ctrl+V in here. Or another idea is that you type everything up in notepad or word (assuming you use Windows), and set aside a .txt or .doc for just posts on here. When everything goes through correctly then simply erase the notepad or document.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

I guess it pays to keep the simile spam to a minimum.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Banned
    Yep, JP's doing that with the images in your signature It helps reduce server load

Perhaps it is his way, of saying you smile too much.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Banned
    Greetings All:

Whether or not your post still exists when you hit the <--- back button on your browser has nothing to do with our site, and everything to do with your browser. Security settings, cache settings, the plugins you have and/or use, etc. etc. all effect this.

Sorry, but it's something that I just don't have any control over.