Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which linux distribution do you use

I use Mandrake 8.1 dual boot with WinXP Pro.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

str34m3r
    I've tried RedHat 7.0,7.1,7.2 and Mandrake 8.1 and Debian ?.? and even a test of Yellowdog, though I doubt that applies unless you've got an old Mac sitting around. RedHat has by far been my best experience. The options you get during the install are great for newbies and experts alike. I especially like 7.2's ext3 filesystem. I have power outages fairly regularly and it's so much nices to have a filesystem that doesn't get fried when the system gets show down roughly. I intend to try out some of the BSD variants someday soon.

I've tried Redhat, Mandrake, Debian, Slackware, Suse and I'm going to check out Caldera soon. The best for newbies IMHO is Mandrake or Redhat.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

If you dont know jack bout how to use linux go for Mandrake....definately the easiest to install/use.

I've tried many different distros and Im always going back to SuSE as web and file server, and FreeBSD as gateway/router for my Internet and DMZ. Next for me to try is Debian on a Alpha machine, wish me good luck .

Banned
    linuxcomando your the one who uses aol hehe thats right aol with linux and we all laughed when you signed onto irc hehe
    RiOtEr
    but redhat 7.2 is the best and i got freebsd as well and if all goes to plan 7.3 soon thanks to my cable biatch aka matty_cross hehe

Thumbs up

Slackware... The champions' Linux distro
    Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project

Slackware7.1 is very nice, and clean. I've heard that slackware8.0 is pretty nice aswell, but for the most part, I like slackware7.1 the best out of the distros I've used.

Why no man choose RedHat?
    I think it works fine and is excellent.
    I used it in version 7.2.

Well i have my comp dual dooted, with windows ME and SusE 7.3. If you consider doing a dual boot here is a post I wrote you might find of use.

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning