Thread: LICQ - question

Question LICQ - question

I would like to use redhat 7.2 as my main OS.....
    I'm having issues with friends/classmates receiving my messages with licq though..

after doing some research i figured it may by thiers or my firewall, but then i read that it could be the version of icq that they are using.....[none of them use licq, they all use windows versions]
    we do group assignments on icq, so i need to figure this out and i can't find anything on google.....

anyone else had this problem?

Firefemme,
    IMO,
    You should just use a dual boot system, there is almost always something that you need to have that only operates under a windoze system. I myself use Redhat 7.2/Windoze 98 << always was my favorite one, but then I just use both of the OSs when they are most needed, this would quickly solve your LICQ problem and several other issues that I am sure you will have if you haven't already with Linux. You can even partition a part of your hard drive as small as 1.5 gigs, I doubt you would notice that gone for windoze. This way is the easiest way to fix compatibility problems that I know of.

The3ntropy,

i also have a dual boot system, redhat 7.2/windoze 98
    i'll take your advice and use windoze for icq and redhat as much as i possibly can for everything else

thanks

No problem,
    Just giving my 2 cents.

Hi mom!
    Firefemme, try unblocking ports 1027 trough 1032 and 5000 trough 5200 ...
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

The only problem with that one Guus, is that (please correct me if I'm wrong) the licq shipped with RH 7.2 works on a static port 4000. It isn't dynamic like in windows
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

Hi mom!
    Oh, if you say so - I never used licq, so out of the two of us, that makes you the expert Her friends were using windows though, so at least their firewalls should not be blocking the regular ports.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.