Thread: Help plz....

Question Help plz....

Hello pals...

i have the following questions,suggestions plz..

1)How to make permanenet aliases in linux.i use tcsh,but i cannot find the .cshrc file (i use RH 7.1)

2) How to compile java prgms in linux ?Any built in java compilers within linux RH distro ?

3)what is the conio.h equivalent file in linux?Can u suggest a good book on C programming in linux environment.(or a complete C book from the basics to avanced programming )

4) Suggest me a complete Perl book(simple and complete)

«ßlâçkMâ§k »

Sorry...

Suggest me a good C book which has COMPLETE C in it.

for java, u can find any JDKIT at any site

i think if u want any online book, u can get it by finding at search engine,
    i just dont know what kind of good printed book in india

Antionline Herpetologist
    1)How to make permanenet aliases in linux.i use tcsh,but i cannot find the .cshrc file (i use RH 7.1)
    I only use BASH so I don't really know the answer to that one.

2) How to compile java prgms in linux ?Any built in java compilers within linux RH distro ?
    Very simple java programs (no gui) can be compiled using the gcc java compiler. Install it off the CD and just type in javac filename to compile. For more advanced java programs get the Sun Java SDK at http://java.sun.com/j2se

3)what is the conio.h equivalent file in linux?Can u suggest a good book on C programming in
    linux environment.(or a complete C book from the basics to avanced programming )
    conio.h is a Borland or Turbo C specific header and has no equivalent in Linux.

Dunno.

5)Suggest me a good C book which has COMPLETE C in it.
    You could try "C - The Complete Reference" by Herbert Schildt. However, I'd just reccomend learning the basics of everything upto data structures and then start coding. There are plenty of places on the net where you could hone your C skills to your particular area of interest.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Re: Help plz....

Originally posted here by blackmask

3)what is the conio.h equivalent file in linux?Can u suggest a good book on C programming in linux environment.(or a complete C book from the basics to avanced programming )

«ßlâçkMâ§k »
    The interface isn't the same (because conio.h is for msdos),
    but the functionality you're looking for is in ncurses.h
    It has all the fancy screen io stuff, color etc.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

http://www26.brinkster.com/smirc/htd..._list.htm#perl
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

str34m3r
    > How to compile java prgms in linux ?Any built in java compilers within linux RH distro ?

As cgkanchi said, Sun's JDK is a good choice for most java programs. However, you may also be interested in trying out IBM's version of java. I tried it, and have had good luck with it so far, but your mileage may vary. I found it to be slightly faster and slightly better at managing its memory than Sun's version, but again, your mileage may vary. It can be found at:

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp...id=TDUN-4FF8B2

Sorry that looks ugly, but I didn't design the webpage, I just found it.

As far as java comilers that come with redhat, the only one I know of is kaffe. In 7.2, it came on CD2. My only experience with it wasn't good, so you'd be better off asking someone else how well it works. Hope this helps...