Thread: Posts in the public forum ie, alt.2600.cracks

Posts in the public forum ie, alt.2600.cracks

I was sitting in the AOirc, as I so often do, when ac1dsp3ctrum brought this thread to my attention...

As you can see from this thread, Gbin@ryR has essentially flooded an entire thread in the public news groups with nonsense posts on wanting a crack for Macromedia Flash 5..

I care nothing for the public newsgroups, and never even look at them.. they are quite frankly, mainly full of crap.. Then why am I posting this you ask?

I'm posting this because you do not have to be a member of AntiOnline to post there, yet if a member does post there, their number of posts are increased... and the posts of a user shows their participation in these forums..

I may be alone in this, but I think they should not be, as they are not participating really participating in AntiOnline... and since many people may not visit the Public Newsgroups, they may never notice that someone is posting piles and piles of rubbish into these Newsgroups... for no reason other than to get their posts up...

If someone 'dishonest' had noticed the permissions problem with the public forums that allowed you to Post Into Oblivion , they could have exploited it to raise their posts, for reasons such as gaining access to AntiOnline Addicts...

What I'm saying is that if you post to the Public NewsGroups, it shouldn't increase your posts, as it can be taken advantage of, as Gbin@ryR has clearly done...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

...you do not have to be a member of AntiOnline to post there, yet if a member does post there, their number of posts are increased...
    That's exactly right Matty, you hit the nail right on the head there. If you don't have to be a member to post there (public news groups thru AO), why should your posts be incremented when you post there as a member?

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Banned
    Greetings All:

Ok, good suggestion, and your points are well taken.

As of now, posts in the public newsgroups no longer effect your total site post count.

thanks again!