Thread: Disability BS

Angry Disability BS

Well I went to visit my mother last weekend, Im on my own now so I feel the need to visit now and again. I mean cmon, she raised my stubborn butt.

We sat down and started to talk about things, and she got into her friends. One of them just recently got onto disability, definatly because she is lazy (she tells this to everyone). The reason she put down is because she is like on 10 antidepressant drugs, and she got accepted.

She is on the drugs, but thats because she is depressed alot and she beats her kids. I mean give her 1-2 drugs and send the kids to their dad's. No kid deserves to be hit for the misfortunes of the parent.

Well this post is kinda akward, but I would like opinions on what you think about it, you think she should get away with it, or what not.

Im Out

DIGITALshimmerz ~ Ðã*å~/\/\â§*ë|2
    http://mars.walagata.com/w/azgard/sanzo88.gifThe sharper the edge, the cleaner the wound. So, I\'ll be keeping it dull tonight for I deserve to hurt

I really dont think she should have her kids they should be with their dad if hes able to look after them. If the father is not able to care for the children then foster homes maybe needed but to leave the children with her is just adding to the problem. She herself should be placed in rehab to get her off the pills it has been proven many times that the use of many different kinds of drugs plays with your mind. As for her being on disability she shouldnt be able to receive it unless she goes in for her drug addiction. As she is now shes no good for anything and who suffers her kids its like they want more cases like the Yates killings. But we must place some of the blame on the medical doctors who are more interested in handing out drugs to people then really finding out the root causes of the problems. If the doctors were into really helping people like they pretend to be they would not be turning out so many that are addicted to pharmaceutical drugs.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

if what you say is true. Then she should be on disability. personally i don't want people like that in the workplace and its not right for her and her children to go hungry. It would be nice if the state stipulated she gets treatment is she wishs to contiue collecting, but either way, depression is a illness and can be very debilitating. Depression can ofter lead to fits of rage. her husband should be told "their are rumors of..." and he should look into it.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ahem, okay this is three posts in a row I agree with Tedob1....Depression is a very real and serious issue, and taking her children from her may be exactly what she needs to knock her right over the edge from depression to phsycopathic or suicidal behavior. The father definitely needs to know, and be very aware of his children's welfare, as do her friends.
    Some people really do have mental disorders that prevent them from working, and they shouldn't be forced to be homeless or hungry because they are ill. It has also been proven, at least here in Florida, that foster care can be worse for the child than the situation they are in at home.
    She needs to recieve treatment, but it does sound like she is seeing a doctor. Unless the gov't wants to start dictating what doctors we are allowed to go to, the treatment you are suggesting (rehab) would go directly against what this doctor is doing for her treatment. And I don't know about where you live, but generally people who recieve gov't assistance are already being treated by doctors the gov't has selected to work with. So probably she is getting the treatment she is going to get.
    Also if she is recieving gov't aid, you can be sure they know exactly what the situation with her children is, and if they were in real danger, they would have been removed.
    Be glad that your life isn't such a mess, and that your mother was able to raise you in a better situation than this.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

as my father use to say:

"there but for the grace of god go i"

unfortunatly he was referring to me ;-)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”