Thread: Chinese Linux

Chinese Linux

Most prominent was the announcement of a Chinese government-sponsored Linux distribution called Yangfan Linux. Built by a coalition of government, universities and private companies, the distribution will eventually replace Windows on all government computers.
    http://www.wired.com/news/linux/0,1411,54572,00.html

There have been rumors of this for a while, but this is an interesting development.
    Once you get a couple of billion Chinese users introduced to Linux, it will become the
    world standard by sheer force of numbers. I guess Gates will have to trot out the
    standard accusation that "they are communists" Duh!
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Replacement of Windows has already begun.
    That's why they developed Red flag linux.

Once you get a couple of billion Chinese users introduced to Linux, it will become the
    world standard by sheer force of numbers
    um, not everybody in china has a computer and it doesn't matter how many chinese people use yangfan linux, the larger nations who buy ms products and licenses have to switch as well, those wealthy nations that use lots of ms products on all their computers. those places have to switch, reminds me of those in san francisco with that "million bit march".
    Replacement of Windows has already begun.
    That's why they developed Red flag linux.
    things like redmond linux help those new to linux start learning and changing from windows. there is lindows, but i think you have to pay for it.

Yeah you do have to pay for Lindows, Which is a shame because it looked like a good idea that would get people using linux because they could also use there windows programs as well, But it looks like they have used microsofts example and have charged about 100$ for it

Re: Chinese Linux

Originally posted here by rcgreen

http://www.wired.com/news/linux/0,1411,54572,00.html

world standard by sheer force of numbers.

LOL.......if that were true we'd all be speaking Chinese (not that there's anything wrong with that ) Anyway, after spending nearly 3 days trying to get this RedHat box back up and running I wish them all the luck in the world....They're gonna need it!

Question Lindows

Is there anyone here that has tried Lindows? Yeah, it is too bad it's $100, though. I also heard that at the click and run warehouse, most of the programs there are freeware anyway. Someone told me that PC builders could buy a licensing agreement for around $500 to put it on all the pcs they build. If anyone does have experience on it let me know. I'm curious about it. Thanks in advance!

v_squared_over_r