Thread: Real Time Virus Map

Real Time Virus Map

Maybe alot of you saw it before but i just came across it and thought it was pretty cool.
    http://wtc.trendmicro.com/wtc/pcc_wmap.html

It shows realtime stats of the viruses that are affecting people the most all over the world
    (well atleast trend users )

Thought it was kool
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Banned
    i would just like you all to put ur mouse over australia hehehehe we have the lowest we rock only 5 infected by nimda worm hehehe
    RiOtEr

yea, north america has 18,309 .
    guess its doing its rounds here
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Nimda will get you.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Nimda got me but I was able to contain it before it did anything. Destroyed my IIS but all it had on there was a text called test.txt and then a few webpages in my cache. Yet another reason why you should seperate your windoze from your important stuph like your mp3's and movies. Silly Nimda C:\ is for m$.
    \"Welcome to the real world...it sucks. Your gunna love it.\'\"

lol ofcourse we are the lowest... we are all l33t.. heheh

Hi mom!
    Nah, there are just 10 computers in the country... so, all in, you're 50% infected
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Banned
    guus i have more than that amount in my house hehe

IMHO, I do like the Trend Micro map.

But you should never rely on that one AV vendor alone will show the correct stats over a country. Thats because they mostly builds their stats on the users who use their programs.

To be sure that the stats are good you have to start with to find out whats the most popular AV program in your country, or part of the country. Or check several vendors and make a comparison between them and in that way get a good hint about the spread of the virii were you live (and also predict possible threats in a near future).

Just a thought I wanted to share .