Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Post Question

I am on AOL dial-up in UK and wondered if there is a way of getting IP adresses just by chatting to them? or do i need to send them something to install so i can access the system?

And yes i am new to this! so any help would be greatly received, i'm just getting sick of being hacked and i want to be able to do something about it! reformating is getting on my nevers now!
    ONE BY ONE THE PENGUINS STEAL MY SANITY!

If your strictly interested in defending your system, your best bet is to get a good firewall. A good firewall will automatically log the IP addresses of any attackers. Then you can do a whois lookup and find out who their ISP is and complain to them. Tiny personal firewall is one you can get for free. I haven't used it, but a lot of the more experienced members seem to like it. I use Norton Personal Firewall 2002, and I don't have any complaints. Sam Spade is a good tool you can download for free, and you can use it to do whois look ups. Try www.samspade.org What I don't recommend is that you try to go on the offense and hack the crackers. That can get you into serious trouble.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

i have norton online security 2002 installed but i just want to learn the ethnics of hacking and stuff to do with it i have d/l a few things but i need to know how to find IP addresses, i am useing these things for info only i am NOT out to learn how to destroy systems or anything like that i am just curious as to what to do and how to do it. plus it will be funny to see the look on my mates face when i move all his pictures from one folder to another! LOL. sorry but i think it would be

Banned
    Basically my advice would be to search www.google.com and www.astalvista.com Good search engines for hacking. Btw do you have msn?

astalvista? never heard of it, I thought you mis-typed altavista
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

no its not altavista, but ahwhosvisa

Yes i have MSN, why? go on your going to ask now if i have messenger arent you....................................... well go ahead then ask!

Banned
    What the hell are you all talking about hacking search engines, google is a good search engine overall, msn is not you sheep.

JRoc you ignorant post whore, stop and g o aw ay!

Noble is that being nice?, I dont think that was very nice! lol

my first advice would be to get off of aol! second, i have a question. what do you plan on doing once you have the ip address? my guess is that you will attempt something lame and get your user account on aol terminated.
    you can get the ip once you have a connection established, ie: if you are sharing a file or something. once a direct connection is established, from the command prompt enter netstat -na. this will show you all current connections in numerical (ip) form.
    but i do advise you, do not fight lamers with lameness! two wrongs do not make right. and in aol, lameness is all you will ever encounter.