W2K Help!

Thread: W2K Help!

Banned

W2K Help!

Dear All Experts at this,
    I have recently installed W2K and updated it with all the patchs and things from Windows Update. However here's my problem, I have a home network. So, I set this W2K PC to share some folders and printers, however, whenever I tried to access them using the client PCs (Windows 95 OSR2 with all patches and updates) it asks for a password. So, I check W2K's settings, and under the sharing tabs of folders, it does not have an option for passwords. Therefore, I looked everywhere. Now, could anyone please tell me where can I setup the passwords to protect the folders (using passwords), so I can reset it? (I don't remember setting any though...)

Plz help,
    Lawrence

create an account on your win2k box with the same username and pw as the client trying to access it that should take care of your problem. The settings you are refering to are called permissions, they can be accessed from your computer management icon in administrative tools. Click shared folders then shares, right click on the appropriate folder to bring up a menu then click properties. That should do it.

V3rizon is right.... You can also log on to the Win 98 box with the username administrator and the admin password from the 2K box. THis will allow you to avoid creating any other accounts.

Banned
    Yeah, but if you dont want to give them your password just make a new account called shares and set it as a power user, this will let them edit files and folders and install things