Mandrake Linux 8.1 vs 8.2

Thread: Mandrake Linux 8.1 vs 8.2

Mandrake Linux 8.1 vs 8.2

I was wondering how many people at AO have tried the beta release of Mandrake 8.2. I have yet to download the new version and I was wondering how it compares to 8.1? Thanks in advance for your comments .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

I have not tried it yet but am planning on downloading it once the final version comes up but, until then check this out www.linux-mandrake.com/en/82announce.php <<Should answer all of your questions.

The3ntropy: I've already read the web site. I wanted people's actual opinions and stuff too .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Oh,
    He, okay then, sorry about that. Was not sure if you were looking for fact or opinion. I cannot help on opinion this time, sorry.

I'm not sure yet. Upgrading is problematic if you installed an ext3 filesystem with 8.1, and it doesn't tell you explicitly what it does at various install-time-choosable 'security levels'. So far it's worked, it pre-set-up my scanner for me using the SANE drivers (which 8.1 did not), but I haven't found much else that is significant besides the newer kernel.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Think Iíll stick with 8.1 for now. No real rush to upgrade.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

I'm currently running 8.2 which i upgraded from the 8.2 beta. well so far i like it, though not exactly what i expected. Compared to 8.1 it has some minor changes in the look and feel of the graphical desktop enviorments. Also a new startup interface....not all that special or anything. So far i've only had some minor problems when install, but they were nothing i couldnt figure out right away. Overall i wouldnt hesitate to upgrade from 8.1 or any beta versions. Just hit me up if you got any other specific ?'s

Laidher