Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pgp

Originally posted here by micael
    I have been using PGP Corp desktop for a while now (at work) and I have not found any big problems, except that NAI decided to stop supporting the product .

PGP Corp desktop should not be worth the price for a homeuser though even if NAI should continue to support the product.
    Hmmm, I didn't think it was that bad on cost, considering the nice box with a celophane wrapper, the pgp features in a GUI environment, etc... most of us probably still use PGP 7.0.3 for all that stuff, figurin' it might be the last for sure 'clean' iteration... but then we gotta do all the work ourselves, don' 'cha know...

PGP rocks... was just p*ssed at Zimmerman for "selling out" a long while back (and I'm not confident enough in boneheads like NAI to not backdoor the thing). I think I still have UN*X servers running, ehhh... like 2.6.2 or something. *eek*
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Question

Originally posted here by draziw
    PGP rocks... was just p*ssed at Zimmerman for "selling out" a long while back (and I'm not confident enough in boneheads like NAI to not backdoor the thing). I think I still have UN*X servers running, ehhh... like 2.6.2 or something. *eek*
    Hmmm, can't generate any irritation with PZ, no matter how hard i might try... He went thru hell for several years defending our right to security, cost him years, money and sleepless nights... just imagine the entire DOJ, DOD and whatever other bureaucrats in D.C. wanted to jump on the bandwagon to burn your little private citizen arse. Don't even *ask* a good lawyer what he'd charge to defend you against a federal charge, it'd give you heart palpatations! PZ has just moved on to another phase of his life while he still has the energy; consultant for a couple of major security companies, private consultant on his own ticket, ... Most of us don't sit with out feet in the same mudhole all our lives, and we shouldn't expect PZ to either, just wish him well in his new endeavors. Besides, i do believe that 7.0.3 was finished and available before he branched out. you might be right about not trusting someone else with a revision, but 7.0.3 is reasonably secure. Unless maybe you're passing tempting corporate secrets thru unsecured portals and don't really know how to make 7.0.3 work... and your key is posted in public...