Ongoing M$ drama, RedHat speaks out

Thread: Ongoing M$ drama, RedHat speaks out

Ongoing M$ drama, RedHat speaks out

Get this: M$ is arguing that you can't introduce new complaints in the ongoing lawsuit. I guess someone got upset in Redmond.

http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20020325/D7IFKJNO0.html

What do you think of this????
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Senior since the 3 dot era
    taking ownership of open technology standards in an attempt to frustrate other companies.
    Is that not some sort of contradiction in terminus?

EOF

Well I think that's what RedHat is so upset about. M$ taking open tech standards and screwing them up. That's my take on it, anyway.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Yeah, that's a possibility

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Since when can MS talk about open standards? That whole company is as closed-source as you can get and while they have that right by selling products for a profit, they don't have any right at all to bash open-source technology at all, ESPECIALLY considering they've been using the zlib functions for free (and in turn, got screwed by the hole in it). Talk about hypocritical but then again, are we surprised? Not I.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Not really.

When will it all end?
    - Samuel Johnson