Thread: Guidlines for firewalls

Post Guidlines for firewalls

I found a file that talks quite a bit about firewalls, vpns and DMZ's. It is a .pdf file and 1.2 mb.

This document contains an overview of recent developments in firewall technology, and guidance on configuring firewall environments. It discusses firewall access control, active content filtering, DMZs, and co-location with VPNs, web and email servers, and intrusion detection. It contains guidance on developing firewall policy and recommendations for administering firewalls. Lastly, it contains several appendices with links to other firewall-related resources and recommendations for configuring and operating firewalls.
    Read the Document

iwar

Thanx, gstudios, a relevant doco. (For me, anyway).
    SoggyBottom.

[glowpurple]There were so many fewer questions when the stars where still just the holes to heaven - JJ[/glowpurple] [gloworange]I sure could use a vacation from this bull$hit, three ringed circus side show of freaks. - Tool. [/gloworange]

Relevant, and interesting too!!
    Thanks!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Since yer Here .....If I run My Hard ware Fire Wall Along With My Software Firewall
    Is It Possible And /Or is it Going to Conflict With Each Other And Leave Me With
    False Security?

Hardware Fire Wall Being Windows/xp
    Software Fire Wall Being Norton