Norton Internet Security 2002

Thread: Norton Internet Security 2002

Arrow Norton Internet Security 2002

I'm just curious if there is any loopholes in it? I just bought it, and so far stopped 1752 breakin attempts....LOL....

It has a few problems, including but not limited to, false positives.... I personally wouldn't use it. You can get it fail in the open state(instead of failing closed) so if someone bangs hard enough, it'll give up.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Ouch, sounds pretty bad, I like Zone Alarm but I hear it does have some flaws...
    Search First Ask Second.

A week ago, I installed Tiny Personal Firewall, available here.

For days ago, I removed Zone Alarm Pro from my system (I had the two running along side each other).

Since removing ZA, I've noticed a significant speed increase (and it's not because i was running 2 firewalls, its an increase over ZA alone). The only feature of ZAPro 3 that I miss is it's banner ad killer. Still, it's a small price to pay for better security.

I have also downloaded Agnitum's Outpost (both the Free and Pro versions), although I haven't got round to installing and testing them yet.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)

I've used Norton Internet Security 2002 for a while...

I found it to be a decent firewall, although I had some minor problems with it: 1 download out of 2 was considered a 'Socket de Troie'-connection attempt.... Even my AV-scanner's updates were considered Socket de Troie.
    Norton's virusscanner sucks imo (they have updates like what? Once a week? Kaspersky has updates at least once a day).

I've been using Outpost (combined with Tauscan, Kaspersky AV and The Proxomitron) for about a year now, and it still is my choice...