Ip adresses as one entire decimale number

Thread: Ip adresses as one entire decimale number

Question Ip adresses as one entire decimale number

I saw that once, where you could use : 12345678 instead of 0.188.97.78 but i cant remember how to translate from the fully decimale number to the dot-seperated ip adress.

plz tell me.

Google the Great giveth the answer ... search for "IP address decimal"

to find, for example:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/sparkman/netcalc.htm

Look at the IP Address Converter on that page.

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

Basically it is representing an IP address as a DWORD-type number. Basically, take A.B.C.D. If I remember correctly, the final number is ((255^3)*A)+((255^2)*B)+((255)*C)+D

Or maybe those 255s are supposed to be 256'es... I forget, too lazy to check.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Gee I guess if he can't figure out how to search google we shouldn't expect him to be able to search AO, so...

Therealmaster - 2600 had an article in v17,#3 Fall 2000 page 43 titled: "Another Way to Defeat URL Filters" -by ASM_dood.

Here is the jist of the article. Take the IP address you want, and convert each octet into its binary form. Then take each binary octet and link them together i.e: 1.2.3.4 -> 00000001000000100000001100000100
    plug that number into a scientific calculator in binary mode and then convert to decimal i.e.
    00000001000000100000001100000100 -> 16909060
    put this in after the http://16909060
    and you have converted IP to decimal.
    Posted by vittu37

or
    http://www.geektools.com/geektools-cgi/ipconv.cgi

This is an online calculator to do the conversion for you. You can enter either the dotted-quad address (192.168.1.5) or the decimal address (3232235781) and it will do the conversion for you.
    Posted by souleman (yes, me).
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Hmm, that's pretty interesting. So now how are IPX addresses chosen?

An ipx addy is assigned as follows

A 4 byte network number, a 6 byte node number, and a 2 byte socket number. The node number is usually the mac addy of your nic, this number has to be unique, hence the reason the mac addy is used. The network number is the same for all clients on a particular ipx network. And lastly the socket number is for the service being used. So in short the your ipx addy is your nic's mac addy. Routing and services on an ipx network are broadcast to all nodes via RIP/SAP or in some cases NLSP. These broadcasts allow communication between the nodes on a network via headers containing the node number.

Awesome, got it.

Flash M0nkey
    or you could convert a url to a hex at funky url
    came in handy to beat the lame blocks the uni comps had to try and keep u outta some sites

v_Ln

The windoze executable that I attach to this post will help you.
    Ofcourse you can do this operation easily with php and the likes but this one also does the job.
    It won't work if you are not connected to the net, as it gets the IP information from the NET for a given URL.
    The file is virus free, 148kb zipped, 152kb extracted.
    Zip name obscure.zip, file name TrsObscurer.exe
    And the process is called "obscuration".
    Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project