Thread: hidden files win me

hidden files win me

I ran norton disk doctor from norton utilities disk , and when I click on details it breaks down my disk space, and one list is 612,528 kb in 232 hidden files. What are these files? Is there a way to see them?

I ask beacause i recently went from winows me to 2000. I formatted the disk, a couple of times. Windows 2000 takes up about 600 more mb of space on this hard drive than it had on the other hard drive. Am I still carrying around all kinds of win me crap? Is it possible there is a virus still in those files?

Incidentally, I formatted the old hard drive, and system works says there are 3 hidden files with 12,000 bytes of space.

Hidden files means they simply have a +h on their attributes. This is done, most of the time, to keep people from messing up important files that are needed on Windows to run.

these files don't even show up when i have the folder option set to show hidden files....not to mention there are three of these on a blank formatted drive.

have a look at THIS THREAD
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson