is someone from antionline.com spying on me??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is someone from antionline.com spying on me??

is someone from antionline.com spying on me??

hey whats that ?? just after connecting to antionline.com my zonealarm pops up and tells me some computer on antionline.com trys to connect via netbios. Isn't that the port 137 for windows file sharing ??

>>The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (NetBIOS Name) from >>services.antionline.com (63.108.181.209) (NetBIOS Name).
    >>Time: 26.03.02 22:08:24

this computer isn't reachable, and is hiding itself away...

has someone or JP got some good idea to come up what this is supposed to be...?!

cu
    ret 0

could it be the IRC chat window that pops up??

I think that's what it is probably, the IRC thing, because when you connect to some networks they do automatic scans for known viruses and exploits just for your own good to tell you if there is something wrong. That's more than likely what your problem is.

the IRC thing? the pop-up? naw!

why should some computer check on mine if there is some security leak or that I didn't turn off file-sharing before connecting to the internet?

Did it occur to u that a friendly pop window told u what kinds of viruses reside on your disks and that u should turn off file-sharing, or use a better firewall???

I'm not accusing anyone from antionline doing scans on my or whosever machine... It just is a bit strange cause I wouldn't expect it from here... Got these attacks from other dialup - connections just not AntiOnline.

Sadly I'm not having enough time to really get into the interesting parts of these things. But can someone plz tell me what exactly does this port 137 refer to? file-sharing?

It is a netbios nameserver port, just as your firewall said, and even if you don't agree with me, I really do think it is a scan done by the IRC server, because MANY different ones do it, not just AOirc. Connect to irc.cyberarmy.com and see if it does the same thing to you, only from a different IP.

Originally posted here by jehnx
    It is a netbios nameserver port, just as your firewall said, and even if you don't agree with me, I really do think it is a scan done by the IRC server.

If that's the case (and I doubt it) than who else running that piece of crap ZA has had the same thing happen?

ok, thanks jehnx, I think I'll have to do some more reading/learning about that stuff... In my programming job I haven't really got time to read in web-pages during work-time. And in the evenings I'm sometimes sick and tired glaring into a screen ... checking that irc thing later some time... got to get some sleep, its getting late here in europe ...

cu

Hmppf. I get no such alarms??

I don't run ZA. That must be it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I'm running ZA and do not get that warning

well obviously nobody is spying on you if your firewall blocked it....so just chill