Thread: Network Card Testing Software

Network Card Testing Software

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of some testing software for network cards?
    My cable connection keeps dropping out, and its getting really annoying...
    Just want to see if its because my network card is about to die, or if my craptastic ISP is at fault, yet again...

So, does anyone know of one!?!?
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

heeeeeeeewwoo matty wattyyy.. u can use Norton Utilities.. works for me

Banned
    matty like i told u its your problem cuase my friend 10 mins from u hasnt got problems and he has 2 nic cards as well
    hehe
    rioter

Matty, perhaps it's not the nics that need testing, you need to take an alcohol test and then wonder if it's the box's fault. I bet you do weird **** behind your computer after hitting the bars with Rioter.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Umm, I always use ping, tracroute, and other various programs to test my network cards
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Originally posted here by souleman
    Umm, I always use ping, tracroute, and other various programs to test my network cards
    The problem I experience is intermittent, and ping/traceroute don't really help, because when the problem occurs, running ping or traceroute doesn't really help because the requests just time out...

I was looking for something that would actually test the network cards to see if they have any actual faults, like a burnt out chip *mmm, chiipppiiees*...

matty like i told u its your problem cuase my friend 10 mins from u hasnt got problems and he has 2 nic cards as well
    So? I have a friend about 2 minutes away from me, and he experienced the same connection drop outs.. his have stopped now though... lucky duck....

Matty, perhaps it's not the nics that need testing, you need to take an alcohol test and then wonder if it's the box's fault. I bet you do weird **** behind your computer after hitting the bars with Rioter.
    Alcohol Test!?!?!?! BUT I HAVEN'T STUDIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me goes off to look at Norton Utilities
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    What about an ohms tester, voltmeter, and a soldering gun?

Oh yeah, and don't forget the fifth of Whiskey.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Buy another nic...if the problem stops...it was the nic...if the problem persists....it wasnt the nic.
    Borrow a nic from a friend if you cant afford one.

Re: Network Card Testing Software

Hello Matty,

Originally posted here by Matty_Cross
    Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of some testing software for network cards?
    My cable connection keeps dropping out, and its getting really annoying...
    Just want to see if its because my network card is about to die, or if my craptastic ISP is at fault, yet again...

So, does anyone know of one!?!?
    If its a 3com or Intel nic you can find the nic-test software at their website.. Its DOS utilities but you'll be able to run the program from a floppy.

Hope this helps.