Microsoft still wide open

Thread: Microsoft still wide open

Microsoft still wide open

NewsBytes reports that three Microsoft websites got hacked this month due to an old Frontpage bug ....

NewsBytes: FrontPage Bug Opens Microsoft Sites To Attackers

I thought Microsoft was in its "Let's get secure month"? I guess patching vulnerabilities isn't part of that ...

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

You would think that Microsoft had an internal mailing list to its administrators to patch what when but obviously they don't. Microsoft security is an embarrasment.

Seems .NET is more secure though. Maybe they hired someone?
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

When I first started posting on this site, I kept asking the question...'Why does eveyone hate MS?' Silly Me.
    I just dont understand why security is such a non-issue for them? I heard from a friend of a friend who worked at MS, that to be put on the security team was more or less a demotion. That anyone who was any good scoffed at the wretched security people.

I understand that MS has a huge bull's eye on it, so exploits and bugs are revealed quicker that other products. You would think this to be almost a good thing. The quicker they're revealed the quicker they're fixed right?

Its just frustrating to work on anything securty related, and be forced to use MS products. Its like having 50lb chain links wrapped around a gate, but one of the links just happens to be a paperclip.

I like windows....there I admit it. I just wish that they'd fix it! Imagine a word where the name Microsoft meant security! HA!

Oh well....I'll just shut up, and keep waiting for their next batch of patches.

Sgt_B,

This exploit is not about the many vulnerabilities in Microsoft products, it's about Microsoft not bothering to patch their servers ... the patch for this exploit has been available for 1 year ... this is just plain negligence.

Bill Gates just stopped all development to focus on security, you would think that the first thing that would include is making their servers secure ....

or maybe they need to get over it and run Linux for their web servers ....

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

I'm still mad.

Well I had no idea that Bill stopped everything for security. Perhaps there's hope.