Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early writings in my book.

that one can believe not in both but in one or the other segregated

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I agree, I belive in Human Intelligence which is why i was hoping I could get my point across by posting this. I figured you guys are pretty intelligent individuals.To me, the intelligent answer is creation. Since man CANNOT find answers elsewhere. Where not knowing an answer being ignorant, knowing it being Intelligent.

I can see how most could call this knowledge a "theory". Much like Darwins theory. But correct me if I am wrong, Public school's teach it as fact. Thats rather strange don't you think?
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Originally posted here by Dr Toker
    I agree, I belive in Human Intelligence which is why i was hoping I could get my point across by posting this. I figured you guys are pretty intelligent individuals.To me, the intelligent answer is creation. Since man CANNOT find answers elsewhere. Where not knowing an answer being ignorant, knowing it being Intelligent.
    Let me get this straight. You believe that we're pretty intelligent individuals. You state that we don't know the answer, and then say that the intelligent answer to something we don't know about is an assumption?

I can see how most could call this knowledge a "theory". Much like Darwins theory. But correct me if I am wrong, Public school's teach it as fact. Thats rather strange don't you think?
    Which 'knowledge' are you referring to? Creationism?
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

It seems as though my words got mixed up a little....

Originally posted here by chsh
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let me get this straight. You believe that we're pretty intelligent individuals. You state that we don't know the answer, and then say that the intelligent answer to something we don't know about is an assumption?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me, the intelligent answer is creation. Its not an assumption. The Bible,Tora, Quran is older than any science book you can dig up. So no, its not an assumption. It is a decision made to belive the older text book.
    Humans have been intelligent for a long time.I dont think darwin was the first smart person....<- (dismiss that if you dont understand.)

Hey guys, lets not get upset...It seems as though everytime anyone brings up God/Creation
    everybody freaks out. Demons gettin jumpy guys? LOL
    thats a joke.....calm down

THC/IP Version 4.2

Originally posted here by Dr Toker
    To me, the intelligent answer is creation. Its not an assumption. The Bible,Tora, Quran is older than any science book you can dig up. So no, its not an assumption. It is a decision made to belive the older text book.
    So we should believe Newton's Laws over Einstein's Theories simply because his stuff is older? I do not see the intelligence in that. By the way, The Bible is nowhere near as old as the Torah and the Qur'an. The Bible (the old Testament) was adapted from the Torah, and the rest was written anywhere from 1700 years ago up to as recent as 900 years ago. There are also very many different versions of the Bible, so which particular interpretation are you going to use?

I suppose we also have to ignore the simple fact that 1/6th of our population (15%, or roughly 925 Million) don't follow a particular major religion, or that almost half the planet doesn't pay attention to any of those three books.

(Numbers from ReligiousTolerance.org and Adherents.com)

I'd also like to point out the Ancient Egyptians. They understood math well before most other cultures, and Ancient Egyptians left forumlae and etc. on their walls. So maybe it's not in book form, but it's still an instructional guide, and therefore equivalent to a 'science book'. Quite appropriate considering your use of the term 'dig up', I think.

And let's just leave Ancient China/Japan and Ancient Central America alone too, simply because it would be redundant to say the same thing.

Humans have been intelligent for a long time.I dont think darwin was the first smart person....<- (dismiss that if you dont understand.)

Hey guys, lets not get upset...It seems as though everytime anyone brings up God/Creation
    everybody freaks out. Demons gettin jumpy guys? LOL
    thats a joke.....calm down
    Just to clarify, I wasn't upset then, I'm not upset now, I am simply debating your point.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult

Actually, the oldest mythology about the creation of the Universe is Taoism. Taoism has its base in ancient China. I personally think that their version of the universe reflects reality more than most religions. You can see the working of Yin/Yang in the working of the universe. Even on the Quantuum level the interplay of positive and negative form the particles of the universe. In Taoism the primary creation was nothing more than a field of energy with no form at all. From the one (the void) came the two (Yin/Yang) and then came the three and from this came the ten thousand things as seperate and individual from the other.
    The idea of the formless void accurately reflects the state of quantuum flux (probabilities) that scientist have observed.
    And, if you at the idea of physical states, you can see the 5 elements of Taoism as well as the 5 elements of Greek Philosophy.
    Earth = the solid state
    Water = the liquid state
    Air = the gaseous state
    Fire = the plasma state
    Spirit(void) = the quantuum state.

The Taoist version of the elements is a little different.

The point to this message is that Judeo-Christian religion is by no means the oldest. And there are others that give a more justifiable version of the creation of the universe.
    Random Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

Originally posted here by chsh

So we should believe Newton's Laws over Einstein's Theories simply because his stuff is older? I do not see the intelligence in that. .
    \
    I assuming this is a rehtorical question. I wasnt saying simply because the theory is older, because it has a solid answer for us. I can see the dislike of absolutes, and I'll keep that in mind.
    But this is they way i see The Creator. I see all of us in him. I close my eyes and see a figure, in the shape of a man, with the whole universe inside him.With our galaxy right over his heart. Since we are all inside this 'Super Being' this explains him Omnicience. You ever think about how that movie MIB ended. I know you have.

Maybe there are mircscopic galaxys and what ever obtains/created them is omnicient to that creation. I mean we create theses HUGE computer networks, and shyt we are gods in that network. Not to be arrogant but, we control the networks we create.

This has been so awesome....I am going to copy all these replys and use them for reference and arguments. Thank you guys so much for all he bad ass replys.

THC/IP Version 4.2

jainism is actually the oldest of religions, taoism only became a religion during the classical age.

DrToker, why is it that you take only one rhetorical sentence of my post into consideration, and discard the other points I made? I would honestly like to debate this, which was why I thought you had started the thread. I apologize if I was mistaken.
    Chris Shepherd

when you say 'my book', what do you mean