Thread: XOR encryption

XOR encryption

I have written a program in assembly (x86) that does simple XOR encryption (technically you can use it for a onetime pad, but it gets tedious VERY quickly). This was written as an example for one of the assembly tutorials (You might wanna read them if you don't know assembly as I have not left a binary, you can get them in the tutorials forum). I may revise this program to do fileio (which would actually make it useful considering it is pretty useless as anything but an example of how this sort of thing works as of right now), maybe some winsock functionality (a chat or non-MIME email client would be kinda fun), and possibly the ability to generate a large random stream of numbers for use as a onetime pad and burn them to two CDs....This might be my next project....::is a person that never 100% completes projects::

If anyone has any questions about the source feel free to contact me. (it is kinda well commented so it shouldn't be that hard to understand)...
    http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Nice tut, and I really like all the comments. Makes it very easy to read. Now if only I knew what int 10h was
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

It would be interrupt 10 (in hex), it is a BIOS call for Input/Output mostly(although there are a few other functions there). If you look up the first tutorial I wrote (it is on the tutorial index) it has a link to the interrupt list, a list of all the interupt and what they do. Basically how I am using it is remaking the CIN function from C++, I am one char at a time constructing a string, the XORing the two strings together.

Hope this answered the question.

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Umm, well I was kinda being a smartass there, cause I did study asm for about a year (although I didn't have computer access at the time). I don't remember a lot of it, but certain things, like int 21h.

I really do like the interupt list. Should give Ralf Brown some positive antipoints
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Ralf Brown is on here somewhere? j/k... Yes we should give him a big bunch of them...the list is great...keeps you from reinventing the wheel on a LOT of stuff!