Thread: Novell Networks (not humour)

Novell Networks (not humour)

Does anyone know how to trace an anonymous message across a Novell Network? I just received one on a network that's not supposed to support messages from user Y7K9E6.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Are these popup messages? Winpopup/ Novell Send Message dialog windows with a little OK button in the middle?
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Back in high school I had a blast with anonymous messages.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I sorta had a run in with that... Too bad it wasn't anonymous... The administrator has the computer name set with the Room number and Computer number, so it was only about a minute or two before she was there... Since the administrator has a class, it took a while to answer all the student's questions about the little pop-up... I've learned...

Oh Yeah: If you know where the computers are (IP to location), you should beable to ping that Y7K9E6 user, or it may stand for something, like KP said below... BTW KP, if you change yours, you have to tell your friend also ...

-Tim_axe

You can counter being traced by simply changing your name at the Novell login. So, instead of ,"R317C12" (Room 317, computer 12) you put in "R###C##". This can be traced by a simple ping if they mapped out the IPs + location, but admin is usually too lazy. IF you just wanna send a message to a buddy (it won't be noticed by anyo9ne but your friend) the just type in your friends PC name before your message.

-Krakpype
    Fight the Power!

can you get on the console?
    It must be them again. Start the response cycle.

The problem is that the instant messenger has been disabled... or so I thought... I can't reach the message console.
    Oh, and the whole thing is pure IPX/SPX, making it hard to trace addresses.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede