Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Windows M P

Arrow No More Windows M P

Since WMP is On The Hit List Whats Another Alternative
    Outside Of Realplayer Quicktime Etc.?

Do you mean Windows XP?
    What is the purpose of you posting useless threads like this?
    Ugh....

Remote_Access_

i believe he means media player...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=223073
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

I've really gotta get that translator from you zigar.
    BTW, this thread should be in the newbie's questions fourm.

Remote_Access_

But he's off every now and then.
    And please quit refering to me as he!

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    Browser - Opera
    Email - Opera's integrated mail
    Chat - Trillian (heathens bow down!)
    Audio - Winamp (like that should've been a question)
    Video - Radlight (much better than WMP (not hard to do), Quicktime, or any other heavier prog)
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

I was Researching Radlight and i ran across
    These applications may deliver advertisements, collect information, overlay content or graphics on the Web site you are viewing, or modify your system settings.
    And so i started thinking windows media again shucks.

Sonique, Winamp....both have nice features and cool collection of Skins.
    for movies try Xing its not a freeware but u can always get a crack...

JetAudio is also a cool tool.....again got to get that crack
    Better Laugh At Your Own Problems..
    Coz...The World Laughs At Them

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Angry

Originally posted here by Avid
    I was Researching Radlight and i ran across
    These applications may deliver advertisements, collect information, overlay content or graphics on the Web site you are viewing, or modify your system settings.
    And so i started thinking windows media again shucks.
    I'm going to assume you're quoting something from a website because what you just
    said involves advertisements (HTML embedded with AD/ADS string/pattern matching with
    height-width), collect information (cookies), overlay content or graphics on the web site you are viewing, or modify your system settings. Do me a favor and make sure you understand the message you got before blasting a product like Radlight because Radlight does none of those things. The *only* thing Radlight does is ask you at install time if you want to install the documentation and the Save Now stuff, both of which you can uncheck and not have installed. They're three college guys in Slovakia who don't get paid for this and people like you say things like that and others who don't know don't even look at it because they think what you said is correct when it's horribly wrong. I mirror for them because they didn't have enough money to hold up the monthly gigabyte transfer at their previous ISP and almost couldn't keep it together. Since mirroring two months ago, I've had 50,000+ hits on my box at the house. Apparently it's a pretty good product. It's free but I highly suggest donating because that's what keeps the Open Source movement alive and it shows appreciation. Hell, these guys even have a Donate $1 button. So far, I've donated over 140 bucks between Trillian and Radlight.

Either way, it sounds like you should go back to Windows Media Player anyways. To blindly accuse Radlight (and I'd love to know where you 'researched' it considering you're talking about a web page message) of spyware/etc while using a product by MS that is KNOWN to have more holes than 10 virgin 13 year-olds girls AND blatantly sends information about EVERY LAST VIDEO/AUDIO file played to their site...bah. Now I'm irritated.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Quit Crying. All i simply stated was ....Scroll up and see.
    So all you had to say was it's not spyware.
    It's not as if i tried the product and was posting
    an opinion like you were getting all pissy about
    thinking i did.Outside of the brief F.A.Q's on
    the site there is'nt a whole lot of info on it.
    Im looking for a forum or something perhaps i will
    find more positive things about Radlight.