Thread: Highlighting changed options

Highlighting changed options

In the links under your avatar when you log in (near top left corner of the home page), there's lots of links to various parts of AO, such as private messages, antipoints etc. Some of them are highlighted in a different colour (red at the moment) because they are new to AO.

Wouldn't it be good if the things that had changed since your last visit were also highlighted, perhaps in blue or another colour, to set them apart from the other options? So if I had received some antipoints (either positive or negative) since my last visit, or if anyone had sent me a PM, I could see this instantly without having to scroll down or follow any links, only to discover that nothing had changed.

I know this is only a tiny detail, but I'm pedantic and think it would be useful. Any comments/flames/insults etc on this suggestion?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Umm, might not be a bad idea. Everytime I get a pm, I have a popup box that asks if I want to view it though. That is in your user settings.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I know about the popup box, I have that enabled in my settings too. However, highlighted links would be less intrusive and could also work generally, e.g. when you have got some antipoints you don't get a popup box saying so (and I don't think that you should), but it would be nice to see some sort of feedback as to what has happened since your last visit.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.