Thread: repository/listing of defaced web sites?

Question repository/listing of defaced web sites?

There use to be a web page that contained a list of all the current and upto date defaced web pages on the net.

Anyone remember what htat page was? Is there another one that is keep track of the latest web page defacements?

thanks

There used to be a few: This was one and another and yet another
    They have all, for one reason or another, stopped mirroring defacements.

DjM

This site has some copies of hacked sites from '96 to 99. It hasn't been updated in a while though.
    [shadow] Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most. - Ozzy :[/shadow]

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    As of right now, noone is keeping track of defacements. To many people took advantage of the sites. It was also a "full time job" keeping up with the defacements, yet no one was getting paid for it. With the amount of bandwidith these sites used, it got very expensive.

The old sites still exists, but are now on to other projects. They still have the old defacements online, they just don't add new ones. DjM posted their links, so I won't repost them.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Banned
    Yeah, http://defaced.alldas.de has a server up, I think, That still mirrors all the defacements that are going on... Hmmm, I wonder why they shut down

They should make a list of sites that haven't been defaced it would be quicker.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

http://www.zone-h.org - They have up to date defaced sites. They have the date, site, mirror of the defacement, and the OS/IP of the server.

i thought Attrition discontinued posting defaced websites?

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    A site for defaced sites/etc I think is a bad thing. 9.99 times out of 10 it's some script kiddie knocking over some .edu or some **** like that (or ganking .gov sites) and it's the same **** over and over and over. Someone loses their site and come to find out the main page has been deleted and replaced with some "Fluffy bunny ownz Jo0!". Sure it's funny for the first couple of times, but why in hell advertise it? It's the same thing as trying to pretend you're a hacker when all you do is DOS someone off the net (chances are, that's part of effnet). Personally, I'd rather that stopped. I'd also like to see source code for overflows and such removed from the net or at least locked down a whole lot more. That information doesn't need to be disseminated either.

Then again, I could be wrong and probably will get flamed for my personal opinions but that's ok.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

Your right somewhat abuot the whole keeping overflows source code off the net, but then I can see where it would be of use, and I don't mean for little script kiddie. A site for defaced sites is somewhat of a bad idea, But its like everything else on the net, if you don't like it, just ignore it. And how is showing a defaced site, like trying to be a hacker and DoS people? I don't see how to two interelate, or how they could. Maybe its just me..

If anyone wants to help show the relationship between the two, feel free to.