Thread: Some MCSE adivse please

Some MCSE advice please

I’m currently working though the core modules of the MCSE exams I wish to work in the area of network admin and security after the core 4 modules I was considering competing the designing of security for windows 200 network as one of the optional 3 module to chose from after that I was unsure what would be the best as I have limited funds to do much more than the 7 modules required for the basic MCSE qualifications. Was hopping that someone whom has taken or whom works within the fields of networks admin or security could advise me on the best electives to undertake.

Thanks
    Kindred 69
    ForeverLearning

While you await an answer have you thought
    of the many federal aid$$ programs available?

Unfortuntaly I dont live within the USA to do such Avid.

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

I would recommend the Designing security module and maybe and SQL or Exchange exam. Personally I am working on the designing security, designing Active Directory, and most likely an SQL elective. I've been in networking for about 6 years and am more interested in the design/architecture side of things.

I guess my best advice is to try and imagine what your ultimate goal down the road will be and try to pick a path that will help with that..

Thanks Custy_J and Avid.
    ForeverLearning

I say pick the modules that interest you. Or at least the ones you know you can pass with out much effort.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.