Phrenicea

Thread: Phrenicea

Phrenicea

Check out this site and let me know what you think. Do you think this stuff is a possibility? www.phrenecia.com
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Um...where is the site URL?? Am I missing something here?

http://www.phrenicea.com/ - this what you talking about??

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Errrm yes, my mind must be failing me in my old age. I wrote down the link, but forgot to add it. Sorry, and thanks. I can't help it if I'm an absent minded genius.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Face-to-face interaction is unnecessary with Phrenicea. This is welcomed at first due to the difficulty getting around, since planes and automobiles are banned in 2040. Engaging Phrenicea becomes addicting since it's effortless. Meetings and conversations can be accomplished simply by thinking of the person or persons
    Planes and cars are banned in 2040, so basically in the future we end up riding electric trains, or better yet, we dont ever leave our houses because we have Phrenicea. Conversations can be had by thinking of a certain person, but I guess we will lose all conversations we had with random people that we encounter. I guess finding a date will be a lot harder. Also, what if that other person doesnt want to talk to you? Is the conversation forced into their mind?

There's no terrorism or crime with Phrenicea. Artificial genes collectively called "brainerama" produce hormonal parameters and biological switches - in simplistic terms - that could be set or reset by Phrenicea to control or monitor an individual's behavior and actions "officially" defined as antisocial, criminal, etc...
    Who decides what antisocial is. So Phrenicea is going to prevent me from cussing? What about spitting? What about other laws. Will Phrenicea prevent me from the criminal act of having my own opinion?

So basically Phrenicea takes away your free will, privacy, and forces you into a lonely existence where no real interaction and no true thoughts ever occur. **** Phrenicea!!!!! It sounds worse than my visions of hell.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

bizarre.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Phrenicea

/me turns the site upside down looking for the "This is a joke" disclaimer

/me looks worried.

Someone please reassure my paranoia that it can go back in its box please?

People can't actually believe that stuff, can they?

-Keisha
    www.notinourname.net
    www.nion.us

Read them.

apparently so.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Flash M0nkey
    some of the ideas do not seem that far fetched
    We'll have very powerful little computers that can travel through our bloodstream, that will be the size of blood cells and they'll actually communicate wirelessly with our neurons, so we'll be actually able to enhance our own thinking capacity, speed up our thinking, increase human memory, increase our cognitive abilities and pattern recognition by combining our biological intelligence with these new forms of non-biological intelligence
    bu6t who amongst us would sign up for such a procedure? What kind of moral and ethical questions could it raise not to mention religous?? We have already seen in this forum some peps reactions to chip implanting and how it may be linked to the mark of the devil
    personnaly I would go for it - I feel that it is only a matter of time before we are altering our bodies either through genetics or nano-technology for either greater abilities or purely cosmetic reasons....

Nature did a bloody good job making us (IMHO) but maybe science is the next step in evolution?

v_Ln

Originally posted here by ThePreacher

Planes and cars are banned in 2040, so basically in the future we end up riding electric trains, or better yet, we dont ever leave our houses because we have Phrenicea. Conversations can be had by thinking of a certain person, but I guess we will lose all conversations we had with random people that we encounter. I guess finding a date will be a lot harder. Also, what if that other person doesnt want to talk to you? Is the conversation forced into their mind?
    How bad would it be.. you would start a conversation with someone, just by thinking.. Man, I hate John Doe, I'd like to smack him around with a twelve foot spatula, coated in monkey blood...

All live pets were banned in 2030 to help alleviate the environmental impact of biological waste. Artificial pets or "matties" (derived from "automaton") - the most popular being dogs, cats, and birds - are equivalent to the real thing...
    YaY!! I'll be everywhere in this world!!!! Matties all round!!!!!
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"