Thread: Nokia and Opera

Post Nokia and Opera

Well, I just visited the Opera website to see if there was a newer version of Opera (I have 6.0) and I saw a picture of the Opera logo on the Nokia 9210i Communicator. Yup, Nokia are using Opera as the browser for their phone.

I think this is good, as Opera is clearly the better browser!! (I think we all know that)
    It's good to see that not everyone is going for Microsoft, especially when you got a great browser like Opera.

Anyways, I just thought this was interesting and good to see, gives the makers and designers or Opera some well-earned cash too - they deserve it.

Oh, and for all of you who have Opera 6.0 on Windows, 6.1 has come on...not sure when, could have been a while ago, but I just found out now.

http://www.opera.com/

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Awesome. I finally got around to downloading Opera 6.1 today, and I'm loving it. Awesome features, cool look, etc. Thanks for the heads-up on the Nokia deal, Greg.

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Banned
    Opera rocks, but ill stick to my IE 6 for now... Hmmm maybe in a week ill switch (maybe)

I downloaded the update for IE 6 the other day... not impressed at all. Opera on the other hand.. WOW am I impressed

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Originally posted by ac1dsp3ctrum
    Opera rocks, but ill stick to my IE 6 for now... Hmmm maybe in a week ill switch (maybe)
    Mate, what are you talking about, what is your reason for sticking to IE6? Don't tell me cos it can display that blurry or fuzzy text on AO??

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Hi mom!
    Originally posted here by hot_ice
    Mate, what are you talking about, what is your reason for sticking to IE6? Don't tell me cos it can display that blurry or fuzzy text on AO??
    That would be a reason to switch browsers, imho
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Originally posted here by PhirePhreak
    Awesome. I finally got around to downloading Opera 6.1 today, and I'm loving it. Awesome features, cool look, etc. Thanks for the heads-up on the Nokia deal, Greg.

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    Ehh, I think you are all talking about Opera 6.01 for Windows... there is currently no Opera 6.1 available for download.
    from the Opera website http://www.opera.com/download/
    Note: The latest version of Opera for Windows is 6.01.
    But, yeah I love Opera, especially the mouse gestures

I'll give opera a shot
    hip hop rules