Computer Crime ?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Crime ?

Computer Crime ?

What is the worst that can happen to a computer user if he or she decides to bring down a computer system ? Lets say that a computer user nukes or floods another persons PC over the internet and the ISP doods find out, what is the worst that can happen ?

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Out of curiosity, Have you ever heard of Kevin Mitnick?

If the "ISP doods" find out they can report it to the FBI, then you're looking at doin' time.

You are asking strictly from a research perspective, right?
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It depends on the laws of your nation. It varies from country to country. I believe now in the US computer hacking has been equated to terrorism and potentially could carry a life sentence. It's quite scary at times.

In Canada, I think its 5 years or fine or both. But that's just the criminal side of it.

Don't forget that in many countries there is a civil side. You could be sued for damages against a company or individual. Loss of income due to the computer being brought down is a conceivable court litigation argument.

That all said: don't do it. Build your own network and abuse yourself. Then no one is the wiser.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I'd say you'd be locked up in a prison until your 18th birthday without access to a computer or touch-tone phone.

Hmmm...I heard that once...maybe a movie

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

some kind like Mitnick, but he was can't touch a PC and anything that gives him the chance to connect on Internet.

dallazo if you really live in south africa, you don't actually need to worry about such things...
    The scrictest rules are in USA for now...
    If you want to hack or do some malicious thing, first of first you gotta know how to hide yourself, even from your own ISP.
    Try, Fail but Do iT at last!
    ASA The ZeroTimeR
    The Turkish IT Documentation Project

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of countries decide to follow the US lead and make hacking terrorism, just to stay on the US good side. So to find out the worst that can happen, look up the terrorism laws for your country.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

And look what happend to that Russian who broke the E-Book adobe software...he got extradicted (spelling?) to the USA to stand trial...
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

I think it s according to the regulations of each country, but with the New American Legistlations Concerning Cyber crime things are Becoming more hard...And we dont have to Forget the Digital Millinuim Coyright Act (DMCA) which will crime programers for researches conerning computer security.
    So i think its according to Local legistlation , but the New American Legistlation is really hard towrd real hackers who are working and Exploring the true knowledge.

I think it s according to the regulations of each country, but with the New American Legistlations Concerning Cyber crime things are Becoming more hard...And we dont have to Forget the Digital Millinuim Coyright Act (DMCA) which will crime programers for researches conerning computer security.
    So i think its according to Local legistlation , but the New American Legistlation is really hard towrd real hackers who are working and Exploring the true knowledge.